Jeremy and Barb Larson
The Larson family farm has been involved with dairy farming for over 100 years. Bill and Mary Templin were the first to farm the land. Laverne and Delphine (Templin) Larson purchased the land in 1942. Forty years later, Ronnie and Naomi (Tibby) Larson bought the farm. Ronnie and Tibby’s son Jeremy, his wife Barb, and their children Amber, Megan, Cassie, and John also farm with them. Today the Larsons raise 300 acres of corn for feed and 200 acres of alfalfa for the dairy operation. The dairy consists of 90 cows. The Larsons raise their own replacement heifers.
In the community, Jeremy is a board member of the Gilman Cooperative Creamery. The family is also actively involved in the 79er’s 4-H club, participating in school sports, and showing animals at various shows throughout the year.