The Wagner Family
The Wagner farm is truly a family operation. It began in 1914 when John and Lena Wagner began farming on a rented farm in Adrian, MN. Eight years later they bought Lena’s parents farm and started their own family. Son Andrew and his wife Geraldine officially joined Andrew’s father in the farming operation in 1944. Wendell Wagner (wife Mary) joined Andrew and his father in the farming after serving in the army for two years. Later, Wendell’s son Michael and his wife Melanie joined the operation. Two years ago, Wendell’s daughter Brittany and her husband Matt joined. Over the years, the operation has slowly grown. The current farm includes corn, soybeans, alfalfa, and pasture land. The family also has a cattle feeding business and a stock cow herd. The Wagner’s practices conservation techniques and were awarded the Conservation Farm of the Year in Nobles County in 2008.
Both families are active in their respective churches. The families also belong to the Corn and Soybeans Growers Associations. Wendell and Michael are active in the Rock-Nobles Cattlemen’s Association. Michael is part of the Rushmore Cattle Company, and Michael’s family is active in the Grand Prairie Rockets 4-H Club in Nobles County.